While many factors influence demand for property, including rental accommodation, crime rates play a factor in where people want to live. If an area is deemed to be safe and welcoming, more people will enjoy living there.
At Just Lets, we love local life in Peterborough, but like everyone, we agree there is a need to make things safer in the local area.
This is why we, and everyone involved with the community, should take comfort from the sterling work undertaken by the new Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Police and Crime Commissioner in their first 100 days in the role.
A lot can be done to make residents feel safe
Darryl Preston has secured an additional £1.3m of funding in his time in the job. This money will hopefully go some way to making our streets safer, and ensuring Peterborough is even more of a brilliant place to stay.
These additional funds for the county include:
- £559,984 over a two-year period, and this will be used to employ an additional eight specially trained staff members, assisting vulnerable victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence
- More than £300,000 to take on domestic abuse and stalking, with this funding coming from the Home Office Domestic Abuse Perpetrator Fund;
- £18,807 to the Male Rape Support Fund, after a successful bid made on behalf of Cambridge and Peterborough Rape Crisis Partnership
- Funding close to £100,000 to support victims and survivors of domestic abuse and child sexual abuse, with this funding coming from the Ministry of Justice Critical Support Fund
Funding is available to improve local areas
The Commissioner has also awarded £166,000 in his first 100 days in the role, including:
- £71,000 to be used to prevent community speeding
- £25,000 which has been given to the Cambridgeshire Countryside Watch to prevent crime in rural communities
- £26,000 which is being used to fund an electronic diversion scheme
Darryl Preston said: “It has been an extremely busy and rewarding first 100 days as your Police and Crime Commissioner for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. I have had the pleasure of announcing more than £1.3 million additional funding and awarding £166,000 to projects within the county to cut crime, protect victims and keep our communities safe. But I couldn’t have done this alone; this reflects the strong partnership working already ongoing in this county and the hard work of many.”
Darryl Preston continued by saying; “I am determined to listen and represent the views of the whole county and all of the communities living and working within it. I have spoken with MPs, councillors and community leaders such as the NFU, Peterborough Positive and Chambers of Commerce, as well as speaking to residents from across the county. The feedback I have received will be reflected in my Police and Crime Plan currently being developed. I would like to thank everyone who has supported me during my first 100 days and look forward to serving the county for the next three years.”
Just Lets – Here to Help
If you are a landlord in or around Peterborough, and you need assistance in managing your rental property, we can help. We know these are challenging times for landlords, but there is a high demand for rental property. When you need guidance in the local market, contact Just Lets Peterborough today, and we will be happy to help you.
You can find Just Lets Peterborough at 142 Oundle Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 9PJ. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us today on 01733 346255.